Thursday, May 3, 2018

Kiasu manners on the road

Today, while searching and looking for a spot to park, driving through the one-way road like twice or more, and after awhile saw a spot probably the car that was parked there had just emptied the spot. So as it was a one way road, I leisurely drove my car and getting reading to park when by all of the sudden there's this car coming from the opposite side of the road "rushingly" and with hey-I-do-whatever-I-want face that Chinese uncle just park his car there when obviously I was there first and in the right lane. 

I was in a rush, and really hate to argue over something so I just drove away.. Plus, that uncle is well known to be "not friendly".

One thing being regret was, I literally cursed at that moment. Should have hold my tongue better. Cursing is a bad deed that I have been trying so hard to avoid.

Being a Malaysian, one thing came to me, the kiasu spirit when it comes to everything does not only goes to one particular race, may it be Malay, Chinese, Indian, Singaporean (oh...I am sooo sorry, but I did encounter a lot with this one) even the foreigners who'd live in this country can also be kiasu. Especially in driving..

Another thing I always encounter every morning, these uncle-aunties driving back from mosque after subuh prayers, driving as leisurely as possible when there's a longgggg queue of cars behind. Which part is kiasu? They won't bother to give way to others to overtake as they'll be driving as near to the middle lane of the road like "it's their road, so they'll drive as they please".. They'll give you the 'stare' if you overtake them.. God..

That's how I started my morning everyday - with temper. 

People will say, one day when you are getting older then you'll be as same as that.
I pray, wish and tell my self everyday that if I live long enough, please let me be a good human being and also a good driver. Atleast don't make me a grumpy old granny with I-live-longer-than-you-so-I-am-always-right attitude.

Gosh..Please...


Picture credit to Google Image

No comments:

Post a Comment