Friday, August 5, 2016

Congo Bars a.k.a Blondies..Oh My Prada!!

Sometimes I do surprise my self with my own abilities..hahaha....Like seriously.. 
I could baked when I'm stressed out.. and it always turns out great. But when it comes to leisure, it will turn out like, lack of here and there.. You know that depression and food cycle like depression leads to Over Binge and Over Binge leads to more Depression.
Yup..that's me.. Sigh.. I took great care of myself for the past 3 years, but somehow closed people around me are making me depress again and I end up not wanting to take care of my self. I just let everything go. I consumed my caffeine , sugar and carbs as if I never had them before. And exercising? Hell no..

I need to resurrect my self.. To anyone that actually know how to, please, tell me how..

Okay, let's get back to this. I actually made this out of serious stress condition. But it turned out well,so let's put a humble recipe here..hahaha..





Congo Bars a.k.a Blondies a.k.a Nak Kata Biskut Tak Biskut Nak Kata Kek Tak Kek

Recipe from: The Kitchen Guardian

2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter, I used Anchor, Tatura has not been giving the right taste and texture lately!
1 lb light brown sugar, I used 12 oz only thank God!
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
11.5 oz milk chocolate chip, I used 250g chopped Valrhona

1 cup pecans, I didn't have any, so skipped this.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
Stir brown sugar and softened butter, until all butter disappears and well incorporated.
Add eggs one at a time, stir well. Add vanilla.
Add chocolate chips and nuts, mix well.
Add dry mixture ie flour, baking powder and salt.
Bake ina 13/9 inch pan at 170 degrees Celcius for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden. Like baking Brownies, never over bake or you will have a hard brownie!


Normally I will cut down the amount of sugar as I can't consume things that incredibly sweet. Well I like sweet stuffs but not that hyper sweet. And I'm already sweet so why need more sugar..Lol!

The thing is, people at my house doesn't eat such things that I baked. I'm too modern I guess. So, sometimes all end up in my tummy. Gosh..

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment